Prof. Dr. Okamoto studied medicine in Vienna from 1990 to 1996. His activities in medical research dates back to 1993, when he started his thesis on “Genetics of Melanoma”. After his graduation, Prof. Dr. Okamoto spent a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada.
As of 2000, he started his residency in dermatology at the Medical University of Vienna, where he obtained his title of associate professor in dermatology in 2007. During his residency, his research activities where honored several times. Among others, he was awarded a „Scientific Achievement Award“ of the International Society of Melanoma Research and a scientific award by the Medical Association of Vienna (Forschungsförderungspreis der Ärztekammer Wien), respectively, both in 2006.
Since 2007, Prof. Dr. Okamoto has been active as attending physician at the Department of General Dermatology at the Medical University of Vienna. His private office was opened in the doctor’s center of the Privatklinik Confraternität in October 2008. Additionally, he sees inpatients at the Privatklinik Rudolfinerhaus as well as the Wiener Privatklinik and the Privatklinik -Confraternität as an affiliated doctor.
Personal data sheet of Prof. Dr. Okamoto
- 1996 doctor’s degree (MD.) at the University of Vienna (graduation of medical school)
- 2007 Habilitation for dermatology and venerology (academic lecture qualification)
- since 2008 Attending physician at the Department of General Dermatology
- since 2009 Office at the Privatklinik Confraternität
- since 2009 Affiliated physician at the Privatklinik Confraternität and Privatklinik Rudolfinerhaus